1 Current Vacancy
Head of Safeguarding - Commonwealth Games Federation
We are currently recruiting for the role of Head of Safeguarding to assume the day-to-day management for the Commonwealth Sport Movement safeguarding programme.
Working closely with members, host cities and partners, the Head of Safeguarding will be responsible for development of the safeguarding strategy including programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation and positioning the Movement as a leader in this space.
- The knowledge, skills and experience required at a senior level, including formulation and implementation of a programme strategy.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Requires effective articulation of ideas/concepts towards resolving, convincing, negotiating and/or selling others to attain a desired result in most sensitive and impactful situations. Able to adapt to the most appropriate approach, strategy and style for the situation is essential while developing new and innovative ways to achieve the programmes objectives.
- Contacts are with the highest level of the Movement’s organisations and partners.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with a range of stakeholders.
Takes independent action and decision making on most programmes and projects, within the governance principles of the CSF. Responsible for devising and implementing short- and long- term strategy for the Movement. Typically works on own initiative and without regular supervision.
Situations and challenges presented are often new, novel and often changing. Resolution regularly requires the highest degree of safeguarding capacity and knowledge, resourcefulness, creativity and awareness of organisational politics (both internal and external).
- Understand ethical behaviour and practices while ensuring that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the Foundation.
- Conduct all interactions and treat all information as highly confidential and keep securely and do not discuss with anyone other than on a “needs to know” basis.
- Embodiment and constant demonstration of our values, trust, ethics and empathy for all communities.
How to Apply:
Please send a covering letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format via email to email@example.com. The email should be titled “Application - Head of Safeguarding”.
The deadline to apply is 5:00pm (GMT) on 19 March 2021.
Applicants selected for interview shall be informed the week commencing 29 March 2021. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the U.K. and should include details of their current remuneration and notice period.
For more information, please view the role profile below.