1 Current Vacancy
Sport Manager - Commonwealth Games Federation
Based in our central London headquarters and reporting to the CGF’s Sports Director, this role will play a key role within the team, providing operational and strategic support across all areas of the sport programme, including bespoke projects and events.
- Support the CGF Sports Director in all matters relating to the strategic planning and operational delivery of the sports programme and bespoke projects and events.
- Liaise with International Federations on sport technical and strategic matters, including the future direction of the sport programme and development of IF Partnership Agreements.
- Work closely with the CGF Sports Director to develop and implement sport policies, including but not limited to the sport entry process and sport related eligibility.
- Provide oversight and operational support to the Organising Committees of the Commonwealth Games and Commonwealth Youth Games, including but not limited to monitoring compliance with the sport elements of the Host City Contract; ensuring compliance with IF regulations; competition schedule development; appointment of Technical Officials and publication of sport related documents.
- Manage and develop the CGF Recognised Sport category, review framework criteria, develop rights and responsibilities and work closely with prospective International Federations and possible new Commonwealth Sport properties.
- Contribute to the planning process for CGF Games-time operations and post-Games evaluations and knowledge transfer.
- Prepare reports and develop papers to support the work of the Sports Committee, and present to the Sports Committee and Executive Board when required.
- Provide input to the overall Sport Team work programme.
- Contribute to the Sport team issues and risk register.
- Represent the CGF at relevant forums and events, as required.
- Complete other such duties and activities as directed by the CGF Sport Director and/or senior management.
How to Apply
Applications should be in the form of a pdf covering letter and curriculum vitae. These should be sent via email to email@example.com by 5pm BST on 07 May 2021. The email should be titled “CGF Sport Manager”.
Applicants selected for interview shall be informed the week commencing 17 May 2021 and should be available for interview the week commencing 24 May 2021. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the U.K. and should include details of their current remuneration and notice period.
For more information, please download the job description below: